We support businesses and everyone they serve to build a brighter future for San Mateo County.
• Progress Seminar, bringing together business, government and community leaders for 50 years.
• Chamber Annual Awards and Recognition Dinner honoring Person of the Year, Cornerstone Award Recipient, Person of the Year, Businesswoman of the Year, Golden Apple Award recipients, and Legacy Award Winners.
• Good Morning Redwood City San Mateo County Breakfast Series is held 4 times a year and features local, county, and business leaders from the Redwood City and San Mateo County.
• Birdies for Business – Annual Golf Tournament supporting Chamber and SAMCEDA.
• Economic Outlook – Chamber SAMCEDA partner every year to bring to their members an excellent program which provides an economic forecast in the New Year.
• Annual Legislative Bus Trip to the California State Capitol.
• Monthly Networking Mixers complimentary to Chamber Members
• Small Business Seminars and Workshops complimentary to Chamber members.
Guests hear an Economic Forecast from Gary Schlossberg, Senior Economist, Wells Capital Management Inc.
Good Morning Redwood City San Mateo County: A breakfast program that gathers community leaders, business owners, nonprofit executives and staffers at the same table, and enables us to reconnect, engage and learn from each other.
Our 2019 Progress Seminar included 5 breakout panels each covering topics such as housing, transit infrastructure, future of mobility, workforce development and the psychology of change. Over 350 San Mateo County business & community leaders attended our flagship event, including over 70 first time attendees, 49 elected local officials representing 17 Bay Area cities and 2 counties, San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
Thanks to our Progress Seminar Co-Chairs: Assemblymember Kevin Mullin, San Mateo County Supervisor Carole Groom, President & CEO of SAMCEDA Rosanne Foust, the Planning Committee, and our generous sponsors. Their support ensures we continue to provide a forum for our decision makers and interested parties so they can continue to collaborate on key issues.
This year was a milestone year in the annals of the Redwood City/San Mateo County Chamber of Commerce. We celebrated the 50th Anniversary of the Progress Seminar which was held April 5-7, 2019 at the Monterey Hyatt with more than 350 people in attendance!
Progress Seminar Co Chairs: Assemblymember Kevin Mullin, San Mateo County Supervisor Carole Groom, and President & CEO of SAMCEDA Rosanne Foust
Legislative Bus Trip to our State Capitol! Each year our Chamber charters a luxe bus to Sacramento where 40 business and community members tour the state capitol building and meet with their district representatives State Senator Jerry Hill, Assemblymember Phil Ting, Assembymember Marc Berman, and Assemblymember Kevin Mullin.
Leadership Redwood City Belmont Menlo Park San Carlos: In dynamic sessions held one Friday a month, September through June, participants learn about timely and relevant issues of vital concern to their city; and learn how they can effectively shape the future of their community, their organization, or their business.